venerdì 11 ottobre 2013

MIYAVI: will be in a film by Angelina Jolie


Came the news (from various websites) of  an apparition of Miyavi in a film by Angelina Jolie. "UNBROKEN"

the website DEADLINE  announcing the news like this:
"EXCLUSIVEUniversal Pictures and directorAngelina Jolie have found their villain for the Lou Zamperini tale Unbroken. Jolie has set Japanese guitarist and singer Miyavi to play the role of Mutsushiro Watanabe, known as “The Bird.” That is the guard who made it his mission to break the spirit of Zamperini, and who haunted the athlete-turned-POW’s every step after he was captured in WWII. I’m told by individuals close to the project that it was no easy task to cast this role. After a long search for the perfect actor, the filmmakers continually found themselves returning to Miyavi’s captivating audition, one that mixed grace, ferocity, sensitivity and sophistication. That audition got Miyavi his first lead role in a Hollywood film. Jolie begins production in Australia in two weeks, and Universal releases the film December 25, 2014."

another Japanese site has released an article about it: abcdane.net


Now the news was made official by Miyavi through Twitter and his official website:

Twitter:
"Regarding the movie "Unbroken", as a musician, I questioned whether I should take a break from my craft to pursue this role. 
But after meeting Angie, it became clear to me that an underlying theme to this story is forgiveness. This resonated with me because that is exactly what I want express through my music. I look forward to taking on this challenge whole-heartedly."






for now this is the only official photo released by the director Angelina Jolie with Louis Zamperini







2 commenti: